Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love

I found myself at rock bottom, but with a sturdy ladder of support from others, I crawled my way out that dark place and kept going until I felt like I was the queen of the world. Nothing could stop me as I sat on my seat, or so I thought. All it took was a few shots to the heart and within minutes, I wanted nothing more than to be buried six feet beneath my throne. After spending what felt like an eternity in agony, understanding and kind words helped close the wounds before they could fester and turn something beautiful into something loathsome. 

A guarded, fragile heart can only handle so much.

Love is both scary and wonderful.  It's the greatest gift one can give, but when it's given, it hurts. There's a certain ache that comes with loving someone so much, and when that person does not show the same level of love back, that ache turns to unbearable pain. So why do we want to love and be loved so much?  Wouldn't it just be easier to rid ourselves of the entire notion?

No. If love were gone, I would be gone with it.

When I first posted about my ordeal, the amount of love I received was overwhelming. I wept with so much joy. I've never had that amount of support in my life. Knowing that so many actually cared about me changed my mindset and made me think more clearly about certain decisions I wanted to make. The love of others has saved my life many times over. And I don't necessarily mean just romantic love, but the love of family and friends, as well. I can't bear the thought of doing something to myself and making those I love feel miserable.  That is, after all, the complete opposite of what love is all about.


I know this entry is short, but it's to the point. Go tell the special people in your life that you love them because you never know. It might just make their day a little brighter or give them second thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment