Monday, March 12, 2012

Downhill

I'm sorry to anyone that's actually been reading this. I know I've been bad about writing anything new lately. My emotions have just been on a downward spiral lately, and I'm trying to pick myself back up. I am working on an interesting new blog, though, that I think everyone will like. I'm hoping to have it up later this week if I can find the motivation to actually work on it.

But anyway, I'm not sure my medicines are working. I'm on Abilify 5mg, once a day in the evenings. My doctor also put me on Focalin 10mg, also once a day but in the mornings. This is for the supposed ADD that I have. I was doing well, but now I'm reverting back to how I was before I started the medication. I was on Cymbalta, but I was starting to have bad thoughts. Naturally, the doc took me off of that and now it's just the Abilify.

I'm thinking more and more about changing my diet, specifically changing it to gluten-free. I've read about how gluten has been linked to depression and can worsen it if it present in a person's diet. It looks like it might be a somewhat tough diet to follow, especially since I love breads and gluten is found in most bread products. Won't hurt to try it, that's for sure. I'm willing to do just about anything to beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment